Wednesday 4 February 2009

First Friday Pox Party...?

Hello, all Brighton-based Mothers Uncovereders. As some of you know, we've been meeting at Home Cafe on Queens Park Rd on the first Friday of the month (except last month, which I forgot about) for coffee, chat (and pancakes). Sadly, I have a chicken pox afflicted little boy, so had best not take him into polite company. I read on the internet that some people (probably in America) hold 'pox parties' with the deliberate intent of introducing their wee bairn to the disease. If that appeals to anyone, you're very welcome to come over to mine. If not, then I hope some of you meet up and eat a pancake for me. Grrr.

1 comment:

KT Hove 74 said...

We had chicken pox parties when i was a child some of my friends seem horrified when i mention this to them, all my three have had chicken pox, caught deliberately from a friends child!!!! Get it over and done with early I say!!!!!!!!